City Place Jaipur – City Palace is located in the heart of Jaipur city. Jaipur City Place is considered to be the most famous of the historical and tourist places. City Palace in Jaipur, Being one of the magnificent and magnificent buildings of Jaipur, it is also a popular heritage. Amber Fort in Jaipur
At present, City Place Jaipur has been converted into a museum dedicated to King Sawai Jai Singh Madho II of Jaipur.
Jaipur City Place museum, the royal costumes were worn by Maharaja Sawai Madho Singh (1750 to 1768), Pashmina shawls, Banarasi sarees along with many royal costumes are displayed for display by the general public.
There is also a Queen Palace in the City Palace. In Jahan, the museum here has many ancient Rajput weapons along with chain weapons, ivory swords, poison tip blades, cannons, pistols, guns, and packets of gun powder for display. Of all these weapons, Sijar – Scissors – Action is the most unique weapon. The collection of these weapons also includes weapons from around the 15th century. Lotus Temple in Delhi
City Place Jaipur – History and Architecture
Jaipur City Place: The City Palace Jaipur was built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II, who founded the city of Jaipur between 1729 and 1732 AD.
Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II handed over the royal and chief architect Vidyadhar Bhattacharya to the architectural design of the City Palace.
The City Palace was designed by the royal architect Vidyadhar Bhattacharya and the British architect Sir Samuel Swinton Jacob.
The city palace is constructed by combining the Rajput and Mughal styles of architecture. Its outer boundary was built by Raja Jai Singh while other parts were built by his heirs.
The complex of this magnificent and beautiful palace also has many beautiful buildings, spacious courtyards, and a captivating garden, which reflect the history of its majestic beauty. The entrance of this palace has a “Mubarak Mahal” also known as “Swagat Mahal”. This palace was also built by Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh Madho in the 19th century. Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
Interesting facts of City Place Jaipur
- City Palace is the first planned city of medieval India.
- The City Palace is home to the descendants of the erstwhile rulers of Jaipur in one part of Jaipur, while the other part houses the museum.
- The City Palace can be accessed through any of the entrances except the Tripolia Gate. Tripolia Gate is reserved for the royal family.
- The third courtyard, the most important part of the City Palace, has four small gates that represent the four seasons of the year.
- Two sterling silver jars are one of the most interesting items in the City Palace. These sterling silver jars are one of the largest and pure silver jars in the world and are officially recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records.
- A cloth set is placed in the City Palace, which is 1.2 meters in width and weighs 250 kg. This dress was worn by Sawai Madho Singh 1st.
Other scenic spots around Jaipur City Place to Visit
The City Palace is located in the heart of Jaipur city and is one of the historical and tourist destinations.
The Other sights around the Jaipur City Palace to visit which can be seen such as-
- Jantar Mantar
- Jal Mahal
- Hawa Mahal
- Nahargarh Fort
- Birla Temple
- Government Central Museum
- Albert Hall Museum
- Swami Narayan Temple
- Vidyadhar Garden etc.
Best time to visit Jaipur’s City Place
Rajasthan is a desert state. Jaipur, being a part of the state of Rajasthan, experiences a very hot summer from April to June.
As the City Palace is quite wide, it is divided into several sections which are completely open. It takes a lot of time to see the city palace. The winter season is the most perfect and favorable place to see and explore the City Palace.
City Place in Jaipur-Opening Time and entry fees
- Nam – City Palace
- Place – Behind Tripolia Gate, Tripolia Bazar, Jaipur, Rajasthan.
- Opening Time – 9 am to 5 pm, daily(365 days)
- Entrance fee – Rs 75/- to Indians Rs 40/- to children Rs 300/- to foreigners
- Other fees – Photo fee Rs 50 / – Videography fee Rs 150 / –
How to reach- Jaipur City Place to visit
City Palace is situated in the middle of Jaipur city. The city palace can be easily reached with the help of a bus, cab, taxi, etc.
Jaipur is well connected to major cities of the country via road, rail, and air.
How to reach Jaipur City Place by plane
Traveling to Jaipur by plane is a better option to visit Jaipur City Palace. Sanganer Airport is directly connected to several major and regular airlines from major cities in India. City Mahal is located about 30 minutes from Sanganer Airport. After reaching Sanganer Airport, the help of any taxi or cab can be taken and it can be reached easily.
How to reach Jaipur City Place by train
For this, the first one has to get down at Jaipur railway station which is connected to many big cities of India by express trains. City Palace is located just 30 minutes away from Jaipur railway station.
After reaching Jaipur railway station, the fort can be easily reached from here with the help of a cab or taxi.
How to reach Jaipur City Place by bus
The “Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation” within the state of Rajasthan operates several deluxe and luxury buses between Jaipur and major cities. After reaching Jaipur, the city palace can be easily reached by taxi, rickshaw, and cab.
read it also- Business Idea