vaishno devi from jammu – This world-famous and ancient temple of Vaishno Devi is situate in the Trikuta hills of Katra city of Jammu and Kashmir. Situate in the Trikuta hills, this temple is situate at an altitude of about 5,200 feet. In this temple, three self-style idols of Mother Goddess are situate in the form of Mahasaraswati, Mahalakshmi, and Mahakali Pind. These are call mata vaishno devi ji.
Millions of people from all over the world visit this famous temple dedicated to Goddess Vaishnodevi. While going to Vaishno Devi Darshan, another cave falls which is call Ardhakumari. It is also known as Adikumari or Garbhajun. The vaishno devi best time to visit is between March and October.
Table of Contents
History of Mata Vaishno Devi Temple
vaishno devi from jammu – Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board was form in the year 1986. Since then mata vaishno devi temple is consider to be the most popular religious place of Jammu. It is said that this holy cave of mata vaishno devi ji was discover by a Hindu priest Pandit Sridhar.
mata vaishno devi ji appeared in the priest’s dream and instructed him to reside on Trikuta hills. Following his instruction, the priest left for the journey after the dream and saw the cave. Mata Vaishno Devi gave him and blessed four sons. Even today the descendants of Pandit Shridhar worship here.
story of mata vaishno devi ji
vaishno devi from jammu -Although there are many mythological stories about mata vaishno devi ji. But according to a famous and ancient belief, the story that we are going to tell you here, that story is related to his supreme devotee Pandit Shridhar.
2 KM from present Katra town. Sridhar, a great devotee of mata vaishno devi ji, used to live in the village of Hansali, located at a distance. Sridhar and his wife were completely devoted to the Mother Goddess. He used to be very sad because of being childless.
Once Sridhar got an order from a divine girl in a dream to conduct a Bhandara to the people. But Sridhar’s poor economic condition was very bad. Due to this, he was very worried and in this worry, he did not sleep the whole night. He did not understand how he would organize this Bhandara. Since he was an ardent devotee of Mata Rani, he left it all to fate.
After this, Sridhar, following the orders of the divine girl, delivered the message of Bhandara to the nearby villages. All the villagers were astonished after receiving the invitation for food which girl is it that wants to feed so many people?
On the day of Bhandara, the divine girl came to Sridhar’s place and together with him got the food prepared for the Bhandara. Gradually, all the villagers gathered at Sridhar’s house for food on the day of Bhandara. Then Vaishno Devi, the mother of the girl child, started serving food to everyone from a strange vessel.
A demon named Bhairavnath also came there in that Bhandara. The divine girl reached Bhairavnath while serving food. Then he said that instead of kheer-puri, I will eat meat and drink alcohol. Then that divine girl explains to him that this is the food of the Brahmin, no meat is eaten in it. But Bhairavnath stuck to his point.
When Bhairavnath wanted to get hold of that divine girl, the mother came to know of her deceit. Mother changed in the form of air and flew towards Trikuta mountain. Bhairavnath also went after him.
It is believe that Hanuman was also the son of Pawan to protect the mother. According to the belief, even at that time, Hanumanji was with her to protect the mother. Once Hanumanji felt thirsty and requested his mother for water. On this, the mother took out a stream of water on the mountain with her bow and arrow. Today this holy stream is known as Banganga, by drinking or bathing in its holy water, all the tiredness and troubles of the devotees are removed.
During this, Mata entered a cave and did penance for nine months. Bhairavnath also followed him there. Then a sage said to Bhairavnath that the one whom you are thinking of as a girl is Adishakti Jagadamba. So leave the chase of that superpower. Bhairavnath did not listen to the monk.
Then the mother came out of the cave, making a passage from the other side of the cave. This cave built by Mata is famous as Ardhakumari or Adikumari or Garbhajuna. The place where Mata’s feet-paduka also comes before Ardhkwari, where the mother turned to see Bhairavnath running away. After coming out of the cave, the divine girl took the form of a goddess, warned Bhairavnath, and ordered him to go back. After giving the order, the mother went inside the cave. But Bhairavnath did not listen to his mother and tried to enter the cave. Then Hanumanji fought with Bhairav outside the cave to protect the mother.
Still, Bhairav did not give up. Then the divine girl took the form of Mahakali and took Bhairavnath to the Trikuta hills. and killed him there. After the slaughter, the head of the demon Bhairav Nath had fallen in the Bhairav valley of the Trikuta mountain, 2.5 km from there. Bhairavnath apologized to the mother before dying and the mother said that she will get salvation at that time when the devotees will come to your place after seeing me.
The important things you should remember for Vaishno Mata Darshan Yatra are given below-
If you are going to Vaishnodevi by train, then book your train till Katra for this.
- Journey Slip – To travel in Katra, one has to first obtain the Journey Slip from the Journey Registration Counter near the Bus Station. It is not allow to visit Vaishno Devi here without a travel slip.
- Postpaid SIM – When you cross Ambala and reach Jammu during Vaishno Devi Yatra. So none of your prepaid sim works outside Jammu. So keep a postpaid sim.
- ID & Online Booking Ticket Print Out – To avoid any hassle, take a printout of your original ID proof and tickets booked online.
- Luggage – Carry low luggage with you during the journey. Traveling in less luggage will be easier
- Woolen clothes – One or two woolen clothes including socks, dupatta must be keep during Vaishno Devi Yatra.
- Helicopter or Room Booking – If you want to book helicopter or top room during Vaishnodevi Yatra, then book online 2-3 months in advance.
- For online booking, you can book by clicking on the link of Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
This temple is run by Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board.
- Lathi – Must use sticks during Vaishnodevi Yatra. These sticks are very helpful during your travels.
- Use of Locker No. 1 – Always use Locker No. 1 which you will find just before the entrance of the hostel. After that, the locker facility provided is a bit crowded and may require a long wait.
- Jute slippers – Keep your shoes in the allotted locker before darshan.
Vaishno Devi Pass
There are 2 ways to get the pass to visit Vaishno Devi – online and offline
Online: You can get the pass from there by registering yourself with the Shrine Board. Once registered you have to enter the details of each person along with their I-Card number. The ID can be your Aadhaar, Voter-ID, Driving License, or any government document that authenticates your ID.
Offline: After reaching Katra Railway Station/Katra you can easily get the pass from the pass counter available there. But this counter is usually crowded, so you may have to face the queue. You have to show your I-card and they will allot you a number.
By the time you start trekking to the building on the way, your pass will be check by the authorities. You can’t go without a pass.
Darshan Tips For vaishno devi from jammu
- To reach Katra, one has to first cross the Baan-Ganga.
- Photography is strictly prohibited in Mata Vaishno Devi temple
- The 13 km trek made here takes you to the Mata Vaishno Devi temple.
- It is mandatory to visit the Bhairavnath temple after having the darshan of Mata.
- There is also a ropeway between Mata Vaishno Devi cave and Bhairon valley.
- Moss-liquors are strictly prohibited in Katra.
- Only vegetarian food is available here.
- To travel in Katra, one has to first obtain a travel slip from the Yatra Registration Counter near the bus station.
- It is not allowed to visit Vaishno Devi here without a travel slip.
- Those who are unable to walk should verify their rates before hiring porters, palanquins, and ponies.
read also – Birla Mandir in Kolkata
Method of offering Prasad to mata vaishno devi ji
- Chunari is considered the most sacred of offerings to mata vaishno devi ji.
- The offerings include chunari, saris, jewellery, dry fruits, flowers, etc. to the mother.
- Pilgrims can be seen tying chunari on their foreheads during the pilgrimage.
- Those who want to donate money in the form of cash to the temple should donate in sealed donation boxes kept at many places there.
- Priests should not give any charity in the form of cash.
- Donation counters have been set up at many places in Katra, where donations can be made through checks and drafts.
- Sweets and food items are not allowed inside the holy cave.
- Breaking of coconut is also not allowed inside the holy cave.
vaishno devi from jammu – There are many souvenir shops in Adkuwari, Sanjichhat, Katra Bus Stand, and Vaishnavi Dham. From here one can buy prasad for Mother Goddess, images of Maa Vaishno Devi, bangles, sarees, and chunari as souvenirs from shops.
read also-Shri Govind Dev Ji Temple
vaishno devi visiting places – Near mata vaishno devi temple
1. Geeta Mandir
Geeta Mandir is a famous temple situated on the way to Mata Vaishno Devi Temple. That temple is located near the Ban-Ganga bridge. This temple is the resting place of devotees and pilgrims going on Mata Vaishno Devi Yatra. After resting here, people proceed in their journey. Geeta Mandir is also called the temple of the first phase of Vaishno Devi Yatra.
2. Ardhkuwari Cave
Ardhkuwari Caves is the most famous and popular place to visit in Katra. The semi virgin cave located halfway to the Vaishno Devi temple serves as a resting place for the devotees. The 52 feet long Ardhkuwari is also called Garbajoon Cave. This is because the shape of the cave is like a mother’s womb. According to the belief, when Mata Vaishno killed Bhairav, his head fell in the valley and his body remained in a semi virgin cave.
3. Bhairon Temple
Pashyat Bhairon Temple is the next pilgrimage center of Mata Vaishno Devi Temple. This Bhairon temple is situated at a height of 2017 meters on the hill near Trikuta. According to the belief, the holy journey of Mata Vaishno Devi is not complete without visiting the Bhairon Temple. When travelers visit Bhairon Temple. Only then the holy journey of Mata Vaishno Devi from Bhairav temple is completed.
4. Baan Ganga River
Ban Ganga River is a holy river located in Katra. Devotees take a dip here before having a darshan of Mata Vaishno Devi. There are two ghats in the river Ganges originating from the southern slopes of the Shivalik range of the Himalayas. Where devotees take bath. The Ban Ganga River is also an important tributary of the Chenab River. The name of this holy river is derive from two words “Ban” and “Ganga”.
5. Charan Paduka Temple
The holy Charan Paduka temple at Katra is situate near to the Banganga River and the bridge. Charan Paduka Temple is situate at an altitude of 1030 meters. Earlier there was a small temple. But today it has turned into a big temple. The main attraction of Charan Paduka Temple is the footprints of Mata Vaishno Devi. Devotees can see the footprints of Vaishno Devi on the rock.
6. Trikuta Mountains
Trikuta mountain of Katra is a holy place. All travelers traveling to Vaishno Devi must visit this holy hill. It is also call Trikutachal. A Shiva temple of Trikutachal Mahadev Temple is also situate at that holy site. There Shiva and Goddess Trishuli is worship. Trikuta mountain is a very good place to visit in Katra. And this holy place is famous for its picnic spot.
vaishno devi best time to visit
By the way, the temple of mata vaishno devi ji remains open for the devotees throughout the year. But the vaishno devi best time to visit is between March and October. Apart from that, it depends on you when you want to come to Vaishno Devi Mata temple. Apart from this, many devotees come to visit Mata Vaishno Devi during the holy Navratras. Because during the Navratras, the Navratri festival is celebrate here with great pomp.
Vaishno Devi Temple Timings:
- Morning: 5:00 PM to 12:00 PM
- Evening: 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
mata vaishno devi ji Aarti
Aarti of the Mother Goddess is perform twice a day in the mata vaishno devi temple. First before sunrise and second after sunset. This aarti is perform by specified priests. First, aarti is perform inside the sanctum sanctorum, then outside the main cave. First of all, the Goddess is bathed with milk, water, honey, ghee, and sugar and then she wears sarees and ornaments.
After this, aarti is perform after offering prasad to the goddess. After that, the plate of worship is taken out of the sanctum sanctorum and brought to the mouth of the holy cave. All travelers can see the divine light. After that, the priest gives prasad and holy water. It takes 2 hours to perform this aarti.
The facility of Ropeway In mata vaishno devi temple
- Ropeway facility is available to visit Mata Vaishno Devi temple.
- This ropeway facility is available from Mata Vaishno Devi temple to Bhairav Ghati.
- The ropeway covers the journey from Mata Vaishno Devi temple to Bhairav Ghati in 3:00 minutes.
- 800 people go by ropeway every hour.
vaishno devi helicopter ticket
- Helicopter services are extremely popular to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Ji temple.
- These helicopter services start from the foothills of Katra and end at Sanjichatti. It only takes ten minutes.
- Maa Vaishno Devi Temple is 2.5 km away from the helipad at Sanjichatti.
- The helicopter can carry 5 to 6 passengers in one flight.
- The ticket price of each of them is Rs 1730 for one side (for two side is 3460/-). Tickets for this can be obtaine at the heli-ticket counters.
Where To Stay In Katra
Hotels from low budget to high budget are available for you in Katra. You can book the hotel according to your need and convenience. Here for your convenience, we have listed the names of some hotels whose booking prices are available at very low rates.
- Aayna palace
- Gouri residency
- Hotel Royal stay
- Madhu Palace Hotel
- Hotel Green Valley
- Kailash Guest House
- Trimrooms JMC Katra
- Ganpati Hotel Katra
- Pushpa Residency Katra
Restaurants and Local Food in mata vaishno devi ji
vaishno devi from jammu – There are many restaurants on the Mata Vaishno Devi Ji temple Yatra route which are open every day. Here food is available without onion and garlic. There are also pilgrimage board eateries here. Travelers get coffee, tea, Maggi, and simple Indian food like Rajma Chawla at Tirth Board Restaurant. During your visit to Vaishnodevi Katra, you can indulge in delicious delicacies by dining at the restaurants and eateries here.
read also – Jaipur Tourist Places
How To Reach mata vaishno devi temple
mata vaishno devi temple Address:
Katra Road, Reasi District, Katra, Jammu, and Kashmir – 182301. Phone: 01991 234 053
vaishno devi temple from katra – Maa Vaishno Devi Temple is located on Trikuta Hills in Katra Road, Reasi District, Katra, Jammu, and Kashmir. Taxis or cabs, local buses are also available to reach the temple. But these buses are mostly over the crowd.
If you are planning to visit Mata Vaishno Devi Ji temple by air, train, and road, then definitely read the instructions given below…
How to reach Vaishno Devi by Train
mata vaishno devi train – The nearest railway station to reach Maa Vaishno Devi is Katra. From there regular train services run from major cities of India. Luxury accommodation is also available near the railway station. Shree Shakti train which starts from Delhi on Friday evening returns to Delhi on Sunday morning.
How To Reach Vaishno Devi By Road
Road facilities are available to reach the temple of Maa Vaishno Devi. Here government and private deluxe and semi-deluxe buses ply till Jammu Bus Stand. Jammu road is well connect by the Delhi Chandigarh Shimla routes. You can take a bus, taxi, or cab to Katra after reaching Jammu Bus Stand.
How to reach Vaishno Devi by Flight
vaishno devi near airport – Jammu Airport or Sarwari Airport is the nearest airport. There are regular air services from the airport to Katra. once you get off So take a taxi from the airport and reach Katra in an hour. Buses are also available for this route. Helicopter service is available for the main building of Katra till Sanjhi Chat.
In this article, we have given the answers to some of the questions given below. Read the complete article to get answers to the questions.
- How to get pass for Vaishno Devi Yatra?
- The history of Mata Vaishno Devi Temple?
- The famous and miraculous story of Vaishno Devi Temple?
- Mythological history of Vaishno Devi Temple?
- Best time of year to visit Vaishno Devi Temple?
- What do I need to do to visit Vaishno Devi?
Friend! I hope you liked my article on vaishno devi from jammu. In this article we have tried to give complete information about vaishno devi from jammu. If you want to get information about other interesting places then you can comment us. How did you like this article of ours and share it with your friends? Thank you.