Hawa Mahal of Jaipur is considered an architectural marvel. Hawa Mahal is known for its Rajput royal heritage, excellent architecture, amazing cultural amalgamation, and historical significance.
Hawa Mahal is located at Badi Chaupar in Jaipur, the capital (Rajasthan city) of Rajasthan. This five-story building has a total of 953 windows that resemble the honeycomb. Due to the many windows and windows in this palace, the flow of air always remains here, hence it is called the “Palace of Winds” (Hawa Mahal). City Place in Jaipur
Who built Hawa Mahal Jaipur – History and Architecture
Hawa Mahal was designed in 1799 by Lal Chand Ustad. The construction structure of this palace is like the crown of Lord Krishna. The design of this palace is taken from the Khetri Mahal built by Maharaja Bhupal Singh, which is located in the Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan. It is also known as Pawan Mahal. The height of Hawa Mahal is 87 feet. The glass stained in the windows at Hawa Mahal ensures the movement of light during the day. Amber Fort (Amer Fort) in Jaipur
Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, the grandson of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, built this palace in 1799 mainly for Rajput royal women so that they could see the activities of the city from here. At that time, women followed the purdah system and were reluctant to come out in public to watch daily programs. Nahargarh Fort in Jaipur
Interesting facts of Hawa Mahal / Hawa Mahal Jaipur Inside
- The height of Hawa Mahal of jaipur is 87 feet with 365 lattice windows in the back of the monument.
- There is an archaeological museum inside the premises of Hawa Mahal.
- The best time to visit Hawa Mahal is at sunrise. The golden rays of the rising sun further add to the beauty of the palace.
- On the first floor of Hawa Mahal, there is a Sharad temple, while on the second floor there is a Ratan temple which is furnished with glasswork. On the other three floors, there are bizarre temples, Prakash temples, and Hawa temples.
- There is no front entrance to enter Hawa Mahal, but rather a royal entrance from the City Palace to enter Hawa Mahal.
- The most interesting thing is that there are no stairs in this palace building. Only ramps are used to go up in the building.
Entrance to Hawa Mahal is free on four days of the year –
- Rajasthan Day (30 March)
- World Heritage Day (18 April)
- International Museum Day (18 May)
- World Tourism Day (27 September)
Best time to visit Hawa Mahal Jaipur Rajasthan
The period between November and February is known as the peak season for tourists. By the way, the time to see Hawa Mahal is from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm. However, the best time to visit and see this building is in the morning because when the golden rays of the rising sun fall on this royal building, the beauty of the building doubles. The Archaeological Museum of Hawa Mahal is closed on Fridays, so it is better to visit Hawa Mahal on other days. Lotus Temple in Delhi
Hawa Mahal Jaipur opening time / Hawa Mahal Jaipur Ticket Price
- Opening hours from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm (although only one or two hours are allowed to visit and visit Hawa Mahal.)
- Entry fee Rs 50/ – to Indians and Rs 200/ – to foreigners.
- The Composite tickets are also available here. Through Composite tickets, one can travel around Hawa Mahal and the existing sights around it for two days. The fee for this ticket has been fixed at Rs. 300/ – for Indians and Rs. 1000/ – for foreigners.
- Camera fee Rs 10/ – for Indians Rs 30/ – for foreigners
How to reach Hawa Mahal of Jaipur or Jaipur to Hawa Mahal
Hawa Mahal is located in the southern part of Jaipur city. Hawa Mahal can be easily reached with the help of a bus, cab, taxi, etc. Jaipur is well connected to major cities of the country via road, rail, and air.
How to reach Hawa Mahal by plane
you are going to Jaipur by taking a flight to see Hawa Mahal then there are flights to Jaipur from Mumbai, Udaipur, Delhi, Kolkata, and other cities. Hawa Mahal is located about 30 minutes from Sanganer Airport. After reaching Sanganer Airport, the help of any taxi or cab can be availed and can be reached easily.
How to reach Hawa Mahal by train
For this, the first one has to get down to Jaipur railway station which is connected to many big cities of India by express trains. You can take the help of a taxi or cab to reach Hawa Mahal from Jaipur station. It will take you 18 minutes to reach here.
How to reach Hawa Mahal by bus
The “Rajasthan State Road Transport Corporation” within the state of Rajasthan operates several deluxe and luxury buses between Jaipur and major cities. After reaching Jaipur, one can easily reach Hawa Mahal by taxi, rickshaw, and cab.
read also-Business Idea
read news – AAJ KI TAAJA KHABREN